Sunday, September 02, 2007

RUSH

Me and my friend R, just got back from the RUSH concert at the Riverbend Pavillion.

Awesome show!!

They rocked the Ohio River bank from about 8pm to 9pm, took about a 25 minute break and then returned to the stage and played all the way up to 10:56pm. Two and half hours of masterful musicianship... Wow!

They were pretty tight and sounded so good. Amazingly professional performers, they played lots of their old hits along with some stuff off their newest musical effort, Snakes and Arrows.

Now, I gotta admit, I was not at all familiar with their new CD but from what I heard at the show, it sounds like it's a pretty good CD.

It was a very nice night with comfortable temperatures and a beautiful sky. And the music played as the sunset over the hills of Kentucky just across the river. When Venus appeared in the sky and the stars came out; there were then stars all around, both on stage and skyward as well.

A nice night indeed.

Oh... and P.S. We went to O'Charleys before the show. My first time to go there... It was good... and I had the best Onion Rings I've ever had in my life! hehe

1 comment:

Lisa M. said...

Yay! I am so excited that you got to go. It sounds really really fun. So not a "new" Rush fan, but love the old stuff. Well, okay, not love, but like.

Onion Rings, they are my most favorite treat of all times. YUM.

Sounds like a great day.

I'm glad-